Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Clockwork Orange



I just completed Anthony Burgess' 1962 classic 'A Clockwork Orange' and the novel is hands down the best book I've ever read. Anthony Burgess' story truly impacted my way of thinking. Stanly Kubrick's film adaptation is undoubtedly one of my favorite movies and I have to honestly say that the book was even better as I was disappointed that Kubrick didn't add in the last chapter of the book into the film, considering it changed the whole story. The writer's way of portraying an evil and corrupt future is magnificent and the language and dialouge are incredibly original. 'A Clockwork Orange' is an amazing piece of literature that deserves to be recognized as one of the great pieces of the last one hundred years. The next novel on my list, recommended by my english teacher, is 'On The Road' by Jack Kerouac and I'm pretty psyched to read it.

2 comments:

Rishi said...

Dude! i just saw your post somewhere. And Im in the same condition..tryin to get my blog noticed! haha! You have an amazing blog dude! Im going to subcribe to it.
well, check my blog out..i've added you as "friend"..its a link to your blog in my blog.
http://methecow.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So I can't bring myself to say Dude! having just turned 50 - But agreed Clockwork Orange is one of the best films of all time - didn't read the book. Be certain to study up on Jackson Pollock who embodies the same philosophy as Kerouac. Unfortunately two great self destructive talents of the twentith century. There is a "Pollock" post on my blog with Pollock painting and speaking about it. He and Kerouac were definately on the same page.