Monday, April 7, 2008

Ultra Music Festival 10

My spring break was very eventful so I this post is coming a little later than I wanted it to, but I guess it's better late than never.


Living in South Florida and being a huge fan of electronic music it was pretty much a necessity to attend Ultra. Ultra Music Festival is the biggest electronic music event in the country and among some of the most popular in the world. It has featured artists such as Daft Punk, Tiesto, Benny Benassi, Dieselboy and Infected Mushroom. This year was the festival's tenth anniversary, located in Bicentennial Park in Miami, and the headliners included Underworld, Benny Benassi, Tiesto, Carl Cox, Paul Van Dyke and Planet of the Drums. The first day lasts 8 hours long and the second day 13 hours.


I had the pleasure of attending the second day and I can say that hands down I had the best time of my life. I met people from all over the world (Australia, England, Russia, Israel), I had never been in one place with so much diversity, and I live in South Florida! The sound system there was unbeatable and every performer played great. They also usually feature a band every year and this year it was the Bravery. I honestly can't say anything bad about it, except maybe that the water was 5 bucks a bottle. The experience was an incredible way to start my spring break and I will definitely never forget it. I recommend to anyone reading this that if you like electronic music, to attend this next year. You won't regret it. The only thing I regret doing is not getting my tickets when they first went on sale, because that way I could afford both days.


2 comments:

Sayeema said...

I love electronic music too, but it doesn't occur to me to go to festivals devoted to it. Very cool! :)

Tyler said...

Hmm... I have never really gotten into electronic music. Maybe I should check it out.

What bands do you suggest?

I have acquired a liking toward industrial rockish stuff recently.